Are you ready for Christmas?
Christmas is just over a month away…
Time flies this time of the year! Before you know it will be Christmas Eve and we’ll be munching mince pies and relaxing (maybe) with our loved ones. With all the festivity in the coming month, it can be easy to miss all the opportunities Christmas-time allows for generating awareness and getting those all-important bookings.
So, what can you do to make sure your website and online profiles are attracting the right traffic and promoting your at services this time of year?
Christmas is the ideal time for promotions
Focus on planning a special offer or promotion for the Christmas period.
While reducing price is a great way to grab attention, Christmas offers don’t always have to mean slashing prices. Instead, think about your goal. You may want to retain new patients and increase bookings, or increase awareness of a new treatment. Once you have decided on the aim, build the offer around it. For example:
- To encourage new patients to visit again while also increasing bookings, you could give away a voucher for the next treatment booked.
- To increase awareness of new treatments, you could offer the treatment for free when booking something else, or build up a package that includes it with an already existing service.
Promotions can be a good way to keep your new customers returning, as well as generating new interest.
Once you’ve planned and decided on your promotion – shout about it!
Make sure your promotion is as visible as possible across all your channels.
- Add a blog post and a Christmassy banner to your website. This provides some nice new content for website visitors, as well as adding new fresh content helping with SEO.
- Make sure you have shared the offer across social media. You could even try Facebook Advertising to really increase the interest.
- If you are running Google Ads, create a new Christmas campaign to generate awareness and bookings.
- Plan Google posts for every week in the lead up to Christmas. This feature can be very effective as it offers a way to show off promotions at the point of search to local patients.
- Make sure you are promoting your offers in practice using posters, leaflets and simply telling your patients – as well as online!
Make your messages consistent
Use all of your online platforms to promote your services. This should be the case all year round and is perhaps even more important at Christmas time, when there are so many adverts, promotions and offers to compete with. Having clear messages about your practice at Christmas time can make all the difference.
So, make sure your Christmas opening hours, special offers and emergency care procedures are stated clearly across all your online channels.
This includes updating your Google Business Listing, Website and Social Media accounts. Doing this will avoid any confusion and gives patients time to book appointments around the festive period. Having the information visible in multiple locations will also help generate awareness of your promotions.
This time of year can also be a good time to gain new patients who are looking for emergency care and checkups during the run-up to Christmas and festive period.
So, think about adding a blog or section to your emergency dental page that details your services over the Christmas holidays. Advertise this across social media and Google Posts.
Nothing ruins the fun as much as a toothache on Christmas Day! So get reminding patients to book in for check-ups by telling them when you will be open.
Have some fun
At the end of the day, Christmas is all about having fun. Make sure you are sending out a festive feeling and creating a stress-free environment both online and offline. Why not add some decorations to your site as well as your practice this year? Add a holiday theme or banners to your website – you can even make it snow!
If you’re looking to make the most of the festive period, we can help! Get in touch today to discuss your plans and get Christmas ready today.