The General Dental Council (GDC) is a UK wide regulator for the dental industry. They aim to protect patients and ensure trust and confidence in dental care across the country. The GDC also investigates any complaints and regulates dental education. All dentists must be registered with the GDC. This is a requirement to work in the UK and acts as proof that dentists are qualified to practice dentistry.
The GDC also has a set of regulations for dental websites. As a dental specific agency, we ensure all sites we build are fully GDC compliant, which is one less thing for you to worry about.
Is your website GDC compliant?
The full GDC standards for websites are as follows:
- Include correct details of the dental service including telephone number and email address.
- Have the details of individual’s professional qualifications and the country from which that qualification is derived
- Show the date the website was last updated.
- Individual’s GDC registration numbers
- Have a link to the GDC website
- Have details of the practice’s complaints procedure and information of who patients may contact if they are not satisfied with the response (namely the relevant NHS body for NHS treatment and the Dental Complaints Service for private treatment)
You can read the full guidelines in the GDC’s ‘Guidance on advertising‘ document.
It is recommended to fully review your site and ensure you meet all of the above standards.
Of course, as specialists in dental marketing, when you join us on a management package or for a website redesign we will ensure the site is fully GDC compliant for you.
If you are concerned that your site might not meet these regulations, please give us a call on 01202 677 277 and we will be happy to help.