Online Marketing Statistics 2018
Nowadays if you want to do research, find a local business or catch up on the latest news, most people turn to the Internet and search engines to find the answer.
However, there is limited space to promote your business and be seen on the Internet; Google only show 10 results in their organic search and social networks like Facebook make it harder for businesses to be seen organically in users’ news feeds.
With Google receiving over 100 billion searches a month, just how important is the Internet? Below are a few statistics that you may not know.
1. First position on Google search results have a 34.36% and 31.35% clickthrough rate on desktop and mobile respectively.
2. 50% of search queries are four words or longer.
3. 72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles.
4. 30% of mobile searches are related to a location.
5. 50% of local searches on mobiles lead to the user visiting the store within one day.
6. 72% of adult Internet users use Facebook.
7. Facebook posts with images see 2.3X more engagement than those without images
8. 63% of Facebook and Twitter users say each platform serves as a source for news about events and issues outside the realm of friends and family.
9. Facebook has over 1.13 billion daily active users.
10. Instagram has 500 million monthly active users.
11. Over 95 million photos and videos are shared on Instagram every day.
12. Twitter has 313 million monthly active users.
13. Visual content is 40X more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content.
14. Infographics are liked and shared on social media 3X more than any other type of content.
15. As of 2015, 90% of young adults use social media, compared with 12% in 2005.
16. 4X as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
17. Approximately 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store.
18. YouTube has over a billion users.
19. 50% of page 1 Google results are now HTTPS
20. The average clickthrough rate of a paid ad is 2%, yet ads in the first position earn an average clickthrough rate of almost 8%
21. Users in the UK spend approx. 2 hours per day online via mobile
22. Over 205 billion emails are sent every day.
23. 71% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase based on a social media reference
24. 60% of consumers don’t know a Google advert when they see one.