Copywriting is one of the most essential and effective online marketing elements, aiming to inform the reader, persuade them to change their view or encourage them to take action. When it comes to copywriting, using the same text, voice, tone and length doesn’t work across every platform. The way you write for a blog post will be different to what you write on your social media pages.
Copywriting requires relationship building and social skills and the role of the copywriter is to identify the concepts, themes, topics, phrases that form the foundation of a project. Using powerful words in headlines is important as its the first thing your patients will see. At the end of the day every sentence you write must make your reader want to read the next sentence you write. It takes more than just a working knowledge of the language to trigger an emotional response from potential patients.
Ways to make your content easier for the patient to read:
- Use subheadings
- Keep paragraphs short
- Use lists
- Use visual aids
- Highlight important points
- Use readable fonts
Think about what format or structure would best communicate your message, a blog post, how to article, info-graphic, case study etc.
So what is the best type of copy for each platform used?
- Facebook – Short, Shareable, Action-Orientated and Conversational
- Twitter – Less than 140 Characters, Friendly and Personable
- Instagram – Short, Use Hashtags, Contextual and Tag Location
- Pinterest – Contextual, Friendly and Descriptive
- LinkedIn – Personable, Professional and Concise
- Website – Informative, Action-Orientated for leads and customers, Clear and Consistent
- Email Marketing – Exciting, Impactful, Concise, High-impact, Clear and Action Orientated
- Email Newsletter – Personable, Informative, Consistent, Educational, Non-Salesy, Impactful
- Blogging – Story based, Personality, Engaging and Opinionated
Whats your business goal and what are you trying to achieve? Anything you write, even an individual blog post, should be aligned with a larger goal. The key is to care about the purpose of what you’re writing.
Writing for the Search Engines:
SEO copywriting is the art of writing web page copy that is appealing to human readers, but also ranks well for specific search terms that people are looking for in search engines.
Write for the Consumer:
Imagine the one person you’re helping with an article and then write directly to them. When you are writing copy to sell a product or service, the key is to remember to put yourselves in the shoes of the consumer. This is done through extensive research and studying what goes through the mind of that particular consumer.
Its said that a quality copywriter will write the same sentence five different times before they are satisfied with how it sounds!
If you would like any further information then please give the Dental Design team a call on: 01202677277