Google My Business (also called Google Places) is a service where you can create and update a listing for your business. It is free, easy to set up and it can potentially bring new customers in as it will appear when someone is looking for your business or businesses like yours in your area within Google Search and Maps.
Here’s some information Google My Business would provide online users about your business:
– Address and telephone number.
– Opening times that can be updated.
– Link to your website and also to your location.
– You can upload photos of your practice so online users can see what your business looks like before visiting.
– Happy customers will be able to leave you a review and it can be read by other online users.
– You can publish posts and latest news so your timely content will be in front of customers such us promotions or information about events.
You can create your listing by clicking here.
Google My Business is extremely important and helpful for your local SEO as if someone is searching on a mobile device and you have your Google My Business set up, your business will appear on that list that could potentially drive more traffic to your site and ultimately to your business. If you don’t have this listing, your business won’t be appearing on any local map searching and your online presence would be reduced.
Here are some benefits of Google My Business:
– It will be easier for your (potential) clients to find you online.
– It provides your contact details so your clients can contact you without visiting your site.
– If you are a small business which doesn’t have a site, Google My Business can function as your website.
– It will improve your online presence and brand awareness.
– People trust people and if you have good Google reviews, they could bring new clients.
I hope this has given you an idea of the importance of Google My Business. Any questions, please feel free to contact me on 01202 677 277.
Ps. Don’t forget to keep your Google My Business up to date.